Friday, September 30, 2011

Palkhova which tastes exactly like our favorite "Aavin Palkhova" !!

You can never make out the difference between this Palkhova and Aavin Palkhova. I always visit Aavin store for their yummy Palkhova whenever I make a trip to Chennai. But I am so glad that we can prepare Palkhova of that same taste at home. I made this palkhova for my mom.

Palkhova - a microwave oven recipe. All you have to do is mix all the ingredients and microwave it.

Preparation Time: 25 mins                                                
Ingredients:
Sweetened condensed milk - 350 gm
Cream - 150 gm
Milk powder - 10 tbsp
Yoghurt - 6 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tbsp

You can also substitute all the above ingredients with LOW FAT. Since I made this for my mom I used all FULL FAT ingredients.

Method:
Mix all the above ingredients and microwave high for 10 mins, in between you need to stir. Keep an eye on the mixture. You will see the mixture getting thick. From this point, microwave in medium temp for 10 mins, every 3 mins keep stirring. Also the time for making this dish depends on the power of your microwave. For me it took 24 mins exactly. You will see that mixture getting thick and turns to light reddish brown color. Palkhova ready!!



2 comments:

  1. microwave palkhovas have made life so much more easier...imagine having to make this on the stove top stirring them for 2 to 3 hours...gone r those days...hail milk powders and condensed milk:-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice article I have gained so much information about Ghee and Milk Products. Please visit my website

    Visit My Aavin Milk Proucts Website

    ReplyDelete